Because of the cold and wet wether outside i can´t do the metal work on the van. Thats why I started refurbishing the cockpit first.
- Cleaning (a never ending storie. After cleaning everything you only need to wait a second and cleaning starts again)
- The small shelf that was mounted became a bigger shelf. The compartment side is covered with selfadhesive foil*
- The old Light has been changed to a modern LED light* with same functionality (on, off, on when doors are open)
- There was only space for a single DIN stereo and I build in a double DIN Multimedia Radio with CarPlay*
- The old front speaker has been changed to Sony speaker*
- A USB Power supply with integrated switch and voltmeter* has been installed (connected to the master battery)
- the unused single DIN Radio space has been closed with a small storage compartment*.
- This storage compartment is now ecuiped with QI charging for my mobile
- an amplifier* has been installed for the subwoofer
- Radio and amplifier* has been connected to a switch. now I can power it on without ignition switched on and I can turn it of to prevent draining the battery
- Beside the switch I can turn on and off the radio key (ignition position).
still needs to be done:
- mounting the rear view mirror/camera* (a seperate article will follow)
- Speaker cable for the rear speaker*
- Shelf needs to fixed with sikaflex*
- At the end the seats needs to be mounted again.
* The links are so called affiliate links. This is a fair way to support me and say thank you, because it costs you nothing except the regular price of the item and I get a commission for your purchase which helps me to realize this project and the following.